Healthy Hair, Nails and Skin with Zinc
What do hair, nails and skin have in common? Keratin, of course! It’s a type of protein responsible for strength, structure and resilience to protect your hair, nail and skin from damage. The condition of your hair, skin and nails reveal vital signs about potential nutrient defciency especially zinc as it is essential for DNA synthesis and replication to produce healthy amounts of keratin.
Symptoms of Zinc Defciency
Brittle, splitting or cracking and spotted nails
Coarse, brittle, thinning hair and dandruff
Acne, eczema, red spots on skin
Zinc for Lustrous Hair
The hair is made up of 95% keratin. As we age, we lose keratin hence we experience weakening of the hair shaft, making it susceptible to dryness and breakage especially when using hair brushes or styling products.
- Zinc supports hair tissue growth and repair for faster cell renewal and replication.
- Zinc keeps oil glands around hair follicles working properly.
- Zinc acts as storage for histamines to reduce scalp irritation and inﬂammation from hair products.
Zinc for Younger-looking Skin
The outer layer of your skin has five times more zinc than other layers. Acting as an antioxidant, zinc helps to prevent further damage from UV rays and other aggressors.
- Zinc aids in wound healing and regeneration for healthier skin.
- Zinc contains anti-inﬂammatory properties to calm skin, preventing breakouts.
- Zinc helps in collagen synthesis for supple and firm skin.
Zinc for Healthier Nails
Nails are made up of a type of cell that grows and divides rapidly. Healthy cell division promotes healthier nail growth.
- Zinc is vital in enzymatic reactions that encourage healthy cell division so your nails grow longer, healthier.
- Zinc helps in cell regeneration to replenish damaged cells on nail bed for stronger, beautiful nails.