Love the Beat of Life
Day after day, the heart works hard to ensure every single cell in your body receives vital nutrients for optimum functions. Show your heart some tender loving care by nourishing it with these heart-loving nutrients!
On average, your heart beats
Power Up Your Heart
Numerous studies have proved that CoQ10 help:
- Regain heart health by enhancing energy production.1,2
- Improving contractability of heart muscles. 1,2
- Protect blood vessels from damage due to oxidised cholesterol molecules.
- Reduce arterial plaque buildup3,4 improving overall blood circulation.
- Improve blood volume pumped by the heart in every beat,5,6 providing enough energy to the heart, optimising its pumping ability.
OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS
Support Blood Vessel Health and Healthy Blood Pressure
Well-known for its anti-inflammatory benefits, omega-3 fatty acids help:
- Prevent plaque buildup in the blood vessels, reducing the chances of narrowing of the blood vessels, which could cause heart disease.
- Ease inflammation in the blood vessels lining.9
- Minimise the level of triglycerides (fat in your blood) and regulate blood pressure to a healthy level.7,8
Optimise Heart Health
Packed with powerful antioxidants, they work in:
- Reducing inflammation in the blood vessels10,11, maintaining healthy lining of blood vessels and promoting healthy and normal blood vessels constrictions to maintain optimum blood vessel function.
- Promoting healthy blood pressure11, improving blood flow.
- Maintaining healthy levels of platelet clumping.11,12
PLANT STEROLS AND STANOLS
As plant sterols and stanols have structures similar to that of cholesterol, they help in:
- Regulating the absorption of cholesterol, particularly LDL cholesterol, into the bloodstream, resulting in lowering of LDL cholesterol.
1. PH, L. and K, F. (1990). A six-year clinical study of therapy of cardiomyopathy with coenzyme Q10. International Journal of Tissue Reactions, 12(3), pp.169-171.
2. Garrido-Maraver, J., D.Cordero, M., Orapesa-Avila, M., Fernandez Vega, A., Mata, M., Delgado Pavon, A., De Miguel, M., Perez Calero, C., Villanueva Paz, M., Cotan, D. and A.Sanchez Alcazar, J. (2014). Coenzyme Q 10 Therapy. Molecular Syndromology, 5, pp.187-197.
3. DiNicolantonio, J., Bhutani, J., McCarty, M. and O’Keefe, J. (2015). Coenzyme Q10 for the treatment of heart failure: a review of the literature. Open Heart, 2(1), p.e000326.
4. Fedacko, J. (2011). Coenzyme Q10 in Heart and Brain Diseases. The Open Nutraceuticals Journal, 4(1), pp.69-87.
5. Niklowitz, P., Sonnenschein, A., Janetzky, B., Andler, W. and Menke, T. (2007). Enrichment of coenzyme Q10 in plasma and blood cells: defense against oxidative damage. International Journal of Biological Sciences,pp.257-262.
6. Oleck, S. and Ventura, H. (2016). Coenzyme Q10 and Utility in Heart Failure: Just Another Supplement?. Current Heart Failure Reports, 13(4), pp.190-195.
7. Kris-Etherton PM, Harris WS, Appel LJ; American Heart Association. Nutrition Committee. Fish consumption, fish oil, omega-3 fatty acids, and cardiovascular disease. Circulation. 2002;106:2747–275
8. Connor WE. Importance of n-3 fatty acids in health and disease. Am J Clin Nutr. 2000; 71 (1 Suppl): 171S–175
9. Connor WE. Importance of n-3 fatty acids in health and disease. Am J Clin Nutr. 2000; 71 (1 Suppl): 171S–175S.
10. Saleem, T. S. M., & Basha, S. D. (2010). Red wine: A drink to your heart. Journal of Cardiovascular Disease Research, 1(4), 171–176. http://doi.org/10.4103/0975-3583.74259
11. Vidavalur, R., Otani, H., Singal, P. K., & Maulik, N. (2006). Significance of wine and resveratrol in cardiovascular disease: French paradox revisited. Experimental & Clinical Cardiology, 11(3), 217–225.
12. Lopez-Sepulveda R, Rosario J, Miguel R, Maria JZ, Manuel S, Manuel GG, et al. Wine polyphenols improve endothelial function in large vessels of female spontaneously hypertensive rats. Hypertension. 2008;51:1088–95. [PubMed]