Lecithin – A Nutrient Every Woman Can’t Do Without
A woman journeys through multiple phases in life. Some may be a breeze but some may be daunting. Worry not as we introduce a little helper, lecithin, so you stay beautiful inside out.
What is lecithin?
Lecithin is a mixture of fats that are essential to cells in the human body. It acts as nature’s emulsifier and helps in many areas.
In your 20s - Aids Healthy Weight Loss
Lecithin has been used quite effectively as part of a healthy diet to promote weight loss. It helps:
- Break down fats into smaller molecules, which are then converted into fatty acids that the body can easily burn as energy.
- Evenly disperse fats and oils to aid in metabolism.
- Prevent the accumulation of fat in body tissues especially the liver.
- Contains a component called choline that is beneficial for weight loss. Naturally sourced, it allows your body to lose weight properly without relying on drugs that could cause harm in other areas of your health.
In your 30s - Prevents Clogged Ducts
Clogged ducts can be painful and uncomfortable for both mother and baby. While some clogged ducts dissolves on its own, some may be at risk of developing an infection of the breast called mastitis or breast abscess. Lecithin helps nursing mothers:
- Increase polyunsaturated fatty acids in the milk to decrease its stickiness
so it is less likely to be clogged up.
- Makes breastmilk thinner and smoother to allow the milk to flow freely to prevent clogged ducts and recurrent clogged ducts.
In your 40s - Maintains Healthy Skin
Lecithin contains high concentration of fatty acids which help:
- Keep skin hydrated with its powerful moisturising properties.
- Create a barrier on the skin that effectively seals moisture in while keeping air and other environmental elements out.
In your 50s - Relieves Menopause Syndrome
Changes in hormones during menopause can lead to fatigue, weight gain and
make blood pressure more sensitive to salt in the diet.
- Lecithin contains choline which can help maintain healthy blood pressure
- Enhance energy levels, which can be low, during menopause so you have
energy to do more in a day.